« Home | L: Lust, Love, Lesbian, Lho?! » | How do clams enjoy living in a shell? » | Just The Way You Are - Barry White » | Fall or Fly (?) » | Sado Masasih (?) » | back to where the blogging is » | this blog is under development » | Satire: To-Two-Too » | Satire: Which one you refer to? » | Saya sendiri tidak tau » 

Monday, May 02, 2005

Big fat sense of humor

This morning on the news: Thailand Jumbo Queen Pageant



The contestants, as mostly the Thais I have seen on tv commercials, have pretty faces and attractive looks but as the title of the contest itself, the contestants required to have 80 Kgs in weight or more.

The intention is nice. Because the size of the body shouldn’t be an obstacle for someone to become a model. As we know, clothes are made in sizes, why should the model restricted to be in one size only? Models are not one-size-fits-all thingy aight?

Anyway, as I said before… the intention is nice. But one thing strucks me, the pageant’s benefit goes to Thailand Elephant Conservatory. As quoted on Yahoo, “The Jumbo Queen contest is held to select the contestant who best exhibits the characteristics of an elephant, by virtue of her grace, elegance and size, to lead the jumbo banquet and help promote elephant conservation causes in Thailand.”

Hmmm… some of my big posture friends have a big sense of humor but it really needs a one big heart to accept this kind of promotion package. Jumbo queen = save the elephant? Seriously… They really does have a BIG HEART.

Maybe when you reach a certain level of weight, you’ll stop worrying about your body. You’ll stop asking people, “did I gain weight?” Come to think of it, they reach a certain level of freedom where they just carefree about small stupid things and enjoy life, life that is full of delicious food… the life delicacies: life without die-ts!

Then again, today as I struggle to fit myself in my old pair of jeans, I can't stop myself asking, “Guys, honestly… did I gain weight?”

E-mail this post



Remenber me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment

 
Powered for Blogger
by Blogger Templates